AGC FLAT GLASS PHILIPPINES INC.

Our Milestones

1958

  Republic Glass Corporation was established.

1960

  Operated  its first furnace using the Fourcault method 3 machine; 70T/D pull.

1972

  Operated tempered glass plant supplied by AGC (BT1/BTP1)

1988

  Joint venture company was established between Asahi Glass Co., Ltd (AGC), the world’s largest flat glass producer and Republic Glass Holdings Corp. (RGHC), pioneering flat glass company in the Philippines. Likewise, the Float Glass Project was registered with the Board of Investment on a pioneer status. 

1990

  Commercial business started under Republic-Asahi Glass Corporation (RAGC)

1991

  Official inauguration and full commercial operation of the Float Glass Plant  ( Furnace no.5 with a pull of 400 metric tons per day

1997

  Started commercial operation on the Figured Glass Plant Furnace no.6

2001

  RAGC became a wholly owned subsidiary of AGC thereby changing its name to Asahi Glass Philippines, Inc. (AGP)

 2002

  The AGC Group establish its group vision “Look Beyond” – improving its global management implementation to realize this vision  

2003  

  Arrow Certification International certified that AGP’s Quality Management System has been conforming to PNS/ISO 9001:2000

2005 

  AGP’s 28 Hectare factory land in Pasig City in the Philippines was declared a Special Economic Zone (PEZA) through Presidential Proclamation 957

2006

  Started commercial operation of the new Philippine Float Glass plant with a   capacity of 520 metric tons per day. The company was recognized for its strict compliance to its Environmental Management  System (EMS) with an ISO 14001:2004 Certification

2007

  Following AGC’s Global Brand Unification Program, the company adopted a new name, AGC FLAT GLASS PHILIPPINES, INC.